Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Enroll in our state-approved Nurse Aide Training Program to launch your career in healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA classes are offered year round in Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Osseo, Bloomer.
CNA Course Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Class size is limited to sixteen students.
- Attendance is mandatory for all 120 hours of class.
- Scrubs of any color and clean, comfortable healthcare-appropriate footwear are required for all classes. No Crocs or open-toed shoes allowed.
- Must have a watch with a second hand on it.
- Administration reserves the right to remove any student due to misconduct of any kind.
After successfully completing the course, you will be eligible to take the state exam at an additional cost of $125. This test includes a written and a skills portion. Once you pass both tests, your name will be entered on the state CNA registry.
As a student of our course, you will be able to test in the familiar surroundings of our facility, rather than an unfamiliar regional testing center. We also offer practice sessions prior to the test to assist our students in ensuring they understand the correct performance of skills and to relieve any test-related anxiety they may be experiencing.
The fee of $650 covers the cost of class materials and textbooks. It does not cover the exam fee.
Once your application is received and processed, you will be contacted regarding fee payment options (credit card, check, or cash). The class fee of $650 must be paid in full before your spot in the class is guaranteed. Once the full payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your place in the class.
In the event you are not able to participate in the class once you have been accepted, you may request a refund in writing up to 10 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds will be given after the class begins. (Credit card refunds will always be assessed a 3% transaction fee.)
FREE CNA Class and State Competency Exam:
Participate in Dove Healthcare's Train-to-Work Program
By participating in our Train-to-Work Program, you will take the Certified Nursing Assistant Class and state competency exam at no cost to you.
1st Step: Complete the CNA Class application.
2nd Step: Participate in a successful interview.
3rd Step: Sign the Train-to-Work Program Agreement, and prepare yourself for a bright future on our team!
With your commitment to completing the class and state exam successfully - thereby fulfilling your desire to help others and work as a CNA - we will support you every step of the way in finishing the Train-to-Work Program.
Train-to-Work Program Participants commit to:
- Signing the Train-to-Work Program Agreement prior to the start of class
- Applying for employment as a CNA at any Dove Healthcare location
- Repaying Dove Healthcare the class and state exam fee if unable to successfully complete the class / exam or fulfill 12 months of employment with Dove Healthcare (minimum one shift per week from master schedule openings)
For more information:
Class Fee Assistance
If you need assistance paying for the CNA course, please contact the following resources:
Barron County Job Center
331 S Main St # 6 • Rice Lake, WI 54868
(715) 234-6302 • Website
Chippewa County Job Center
770 Scheidler Rd, Suite 2 • Chippewa Falls, WI 54729
(715) 723-2248 • Website
Eau Claire County Job Center
221 W Madison St, Suite 140-A • Eau Claire, WI 54703
(715) 858-9675 • Website
Trempealeau County Job Center
36084 Walnut St • Independence, WI 54747
(715) 985-2118 • Website
West Central Wisconsin Community
Action Agency, Inc. (WEST CAP)
525 Second Street • PO Box 308 • Glenwood City, WI 54013
(715) 265-4271 or (800) 606-9227 • Website • Brochure • Email
Class Fee Reimbursement
After completion of the CNA class, if you become an employee of any Dove Healthcare skilled nursing facility, you are eligible for 100% reimbursement of the class fee.
- You must pass the competency exam and be listed on the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry before the reimbursement request can be submitted.
- After submission of the reimbursement request, we will reimburse a portion of the class fee.
- If you successfully complete one year of employment with Dove Healthcare, the remaining cost of the class that has not been refunded, will be reimbursed up to the full cost of $650.
- If you do not become a Dove Healthcare employee, you may still seek reimbursement through another state approved facility. Reimbursement amounts will vary at other facilities.
- 16 and 17 year old CNAs are invited to apply at skilled nursing facilities Dove Healthcare – Bloomer, Osseo, Rice Lake, and Wissota Health & Regional Vent Center. The other Dove Healthcare locations hire CNAs that are 18 and older.