Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Enroll in our state-approved Nurse Aide Training Program to launch your career in healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA classes are offered year round on a routine basis in Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls.
Not only are there career opportunities available at Dove Healthcare after you complete the course, but also while you're enrolled! You can work as a resident assistant at our assisted living locations or as nutritional services aide or a recreation assistant at any of our locations. View openings.
CNA Course Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Class size is limited to sixteen students.
- Attendance is mandatory for all 120 hours of class.
- Scrubs of any color and clean, comfortable healthcare-appropriate footwear are required by the third day of class. No crocs or open toed shoes allowed.
- Must have a watch with a second hand on it.
- Administration reserves the right to remove any student due to misconduct of any kind.
After successfully completing the course, you will be eligible to take the state exam administered by the American Red Cross at an additional cost of $118.75. This test includes a written and a skills portion. Once you pass both tests, your name will be entered on the state CNA registry.
As a student of our course, you will be able to test in the familiar surroundings of our facility, rather than an unfamiliar regional testing center. We also offer practice sessions prior to the test to assist our students in ensuring they understand the correct performance of skills and to relieve any test-related anxiety they may be experiencing.
Our 2015 student pass rate on the first attempt for the written portion is 100% and the skills portion is approximately 90%.
$625 is required to be paid two weeks prior to the first day of class. Once your application is received and processed, you will be contacted regarding fee payment options. The class fee covers instructors, books, and other materials needed in class. It does not cover exam fees.
You will receive a confirmation email notifying that you have been accepted into the class once your class registration has been approved and payment has been received.
The class fee will be refunded if you are not accepted into the class or if a refund is requested in writing up to 10 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds will be given after the class begins.
Class Fee Assistance
If you need assistance paying for the course, there are resources available through Workforce Resource:
Class Fee Reimbursement
After the CNA class, if you become an employee of any Dove Healthcare facility, you are eligible for 100% reimbursement of the class fee:
- You must pass the competency exam and be listed on the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry before the reimbursement request can be submitted.
- After submission of the reimbursement request, we will reimburse a portion of the class fee.
- If you successfully complete one year of employment with Dove Healthcare, the remaining cost of the class that has not been refunded, will be reimbursed up to the full cost of $625.
- If you do not become a Dove Healthcare employee, you may still seek reimbursement through another state approved facility. Reimbursement amounts will vary at other facilities.