Become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Enroll in our state-approved Nurse Aide Training Program to launch your career in healthcare as a Certified Nursing Assistant. CNA classes are offered year round on a routine basis in Eau Claire and Chippewa Falls.
CNA Course Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Class size is limited to sixteen students.
- Attendance is mandatory for all 120 hours of class.
- Scrubs of any color and clean, comfortable healthcare-appropriate footwear are required by the third day of class. No crocs or open toed shoes allowed.
- Must have a watch with a second hand on it.
- Administration reserves the right to remove any student due to misconduct of any kind.
After successfully completing the course, you will be eligible to take the state exam at an additional cost of $118.75. This test includes a written and a skills portion. Once you pass both tests, your name will be entered on the state CNA registry.
As a student of our course, you will be able to test in the familiar surroundings of our facility, rather than an unfamiliar regional testing center. We also offer practice sessions prior to the test to assist our students in ensuring they understand the correct performance of skills and to relieve any test-related anxiety they may be experiencing.
Our 2015 student pass rate on the first attempt for the written portion is 100% and the skills portion is approximately 90%.
The fee of $625 covers the cost of class materials. It does not cover the exam fee. Class textbooks are provided as rentals, however, can be purchased at the end of the class for $30.
Once your application is received and processed, you will be contacted regarding fee payment options (credit card, check, or cash). The class fee of $625 must be paid in full before your spot in the class is guaranteed. Once the full payment is received, you will receive an email confirming your place in the class.
In the event you are not able to participate in the class once you have been accepted, you may request a refund in writing up to 10 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds will be given after the class beings.
Class Fee Assistance
If you need assistance paying for the course, there are resources available through Workforce Resource:
Class Fee Reimbursement
After the CNA class, if you become an employee of any Dove Healthcare skilled nursing facility, you are eligible for 100% reimbursement of the class fee:
- You must pass the competency exam and be listed on the State of Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry before the reimbursement request can be submitted.
- After submission of the reimbursement request, we will reimburse a portion of the class fee.
- If you successfully complete one year of employment with Dove Healthcare, the remaining cost of the class that has not been refunded, will be reimbursed up to the full cost of $625.
- If you do not become a Dove Healthcare employee, you may still seek reimbursement through another state approved facility. Reimbursement amounts will vary at other facilities.
- 16 and 17 year old CNAs are invited to apply at skilled nursing facilities Dove Healthcare – Bloomer, Osseo, Rice Lake, and Wissota Health & Regional Vent Center. The other Dove Healthcare locations hire CNAs that are 18 and older.